Saturday, July 17, 2010

Nugget or Nuggette?

I can't believe the moment we've been waiting 5 (long) months for is finally almost here! In less than a week, SuperFutureDad and I will know who we'll be welcoming to our family. It's just the most exciting thing to happen in like, forever!!! Ok, besides our wedding day. And when we got engaged. Well, it's one of the most exciting things that will happen in our lifetimes. I get to be a part of the Mommyhood!

So, I'm conducting a little informal poll - what do you think we're having? A Nugget or a Nuggette??
Cast your votes here!

Meantime, some other exciting things have been developing with baby. About a week ago I was lying in the dark just before bed and all of a sudden, BLURP!, in my belly. Did I feel something, I wondered? So I waited... and waited... then BLURP! That had to be it, right? That had to be our baby!!!!

But then... nothing. For the next couple of days it was like it was all dream. I tried to figure out a way to describe it to SuperFutureDad. I've heard it called 'the flutter,' 'bubbles,' 'swishes,' things like that. Here's what I came up with: You know when you're swimming in water when there is fish present? You'll be floating along, and then out of nowhere, a fish comes and skims your leg? It's like you definitely feel something brush against you, but it's diluted because of the water. To me, that's how Butterball feels. I know - what a weird description, right?? After those first couple of days of dormancy, BB has, for the most part, been jazzercising like crazy.

My favorite moment so far came last night. I was lying on the couch after another long day at work and stuffing my face with kettle corn. I love me some kettle corn!!!! SFD and I were talking about our days when WHAM!, Butterball goes karate on my bladder. I mean straight down karate chop! I kinda laughed and told SFD baby is either angry or as majorly in love with kettle corn as I am. A few seconds later, WHAM! karate chop to the bladder. I just pictured BB taking an elbow straight down - like breaking a board - except it's my bladder! WHAM! WHAM! WHAM!

Needless to say I got up to pee and that was it for BB. He/She stayed quiet the rest of the night.

1 comment:

  1. I am at 20 weeks today with my first and so its been great to read about your experience! We just found out and we are having a girl in Dec and threw a gender revealing party last week. She has started to do her nightly gymnastics like clock work starting around 9. At first it wasn't much at all but this past week has been a different story. Its def a neat feeling! Best of luck with your amazing journey.

    ReplyDelete