Saturday, July 10, 2010

Nugget vs Nuggette

SuperFutureDad and I are gearing up for our 20 week (5 month) appointment. I can't believe it's gone by so fast! I know it really hasn't when I think back to all that we have done and all that has changed in our lives and all that is different with my body.

This baby has traveled to Las Vegas and Belize, SFD and I have signed up for parenting classes, and in the last two weeks I suddenly have a BELLY!!!!

But at the same time all these changes were going on our daily lives had to continue - and what a blur that's been!!!

As it stands, we're still fairly unprepared nursery- and product-wise for Butterball. Although I have started a couple of registries, the big ticket items still elude me. There is so much changing technology and standards I feel have to be checked out that I can't seem to bring myself to decide on a high chair, car seat, stroller, etc. When push comes to shove, we'll have to decide, but right now I'm holding off pending consultations with friends.

We have picked out a crib, but haven't ordered it.

We have paint picked out if BB is a girl, but if it's a boy, we're at a stalemate.

We're signed up for parenting classes, but haven't agreed on a boy's middle FutureNuggetName.

All in good time, I'm sure, but since time seems to be flying, I feel increasing pressure to get things done - NOW!!!

ARGH!!!

First things first though - what are we having??? I have a feeling once we've figured out if we're having a Nugget or a Nuggette, other things will start to fall into place. I think knowing our baby's sex will motivate us to accomplish more... or, that's what I'm hoping.

So - What do YOU think we're having?? I'm hosting an informal poll and will post the results soon. I totally have a guess... but don't want to bias anyone.

Can't wait to hear what you think!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are so happy and preggers. I saw you today at the street fair and said hi...hope all is just as well as it looks! Yeah for babies!

    ReplyDelete