Monday, July 5, 2010

Beiber Fever!!

There is new phenomenon spreading across the pop music and tween world. Beiber Fever! It's in 'honor' of Justin Beiber, some 16(?)-year-old Canadian singing sensation. His songs and dance moves are apparently taking the world by storm.

But there is another fever spreading across the F-M area where I live. BABY FEVER!!! Everywhere I go, I am meeting someone who is preggers or hearing about another couple who is knocked up. It's awesome!!! It's so nice to know that there are other ladies like me who are going through the same thing. And for the women who have been through it before and are on their second or third or fourth babies, the advice is invaluable!!!

For me, I'm still figuring it out as I go - and, of course, posting it here on the blogosphere and on My First Baby for all the world to read and see!! My second video is up and running! Thanks to Neaner for making a guest appearance... look for another episode with the two of us soon.

This week, I am officially 19 weeks (almost 5 MONTHS!!!!) preggers. I still don't understand where the time is going. I am feeling great (except for the occasional hormonal headaches which bring me to my knees) and loving the transformation my body is going through. I realize not all women enjoy seeing their body expand, but I was never a thin girl to start with, so seeing my belly grow with Butterball inside it has been a pleasure so far. Ask me again in a couple of months and maybe I'll have changed my tune - but I hope not!

SuperFutureDad and I have a TON to do, though. That's the only part that's really intimidating about this whole process so far. We have nothing picked out. Can't decide on nursery colors. Still don't have the house in order. Need to have a garage sale. The list goes on and on. We make a great team so I'm sure it will all work out, but thinking about all the STUFF that needs to happen before Butterball arrives is stressful!

Anyway, here's what BabyCenter says about Butterball's development in week 19:
Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

No comments:

Post a Comment