Wednesday, December 30, 2009

BABY BRAGGIN' WEDNESDAY: Lucy

I'm bbbbbaaaaaaaaccccccckkkkkkkkk!

After a wonderful week off to celebrate the holidays with my fabulous family, I've returned to the land of snow, snow and more snow! I couldn't believe my eyes when we first pulled into our driveway: there stood a 9-FOOT drift between our house and the neighbor's! Whoah!!! Lucky for me, SuperFutureDad took care of snowblowing duties. I was put in charge of grocery shopping, dishes and laundry. Welcome back to reality, I guess!

Also, welcome back Baby Braggin' Wednesday! If you don't know what BBW is, click here! I've got a gorgeous nugget to share with you, and guess what? It's a girl!

LUCY



Isn't she a doll??!! Lucy is a bubbly and bright-eyed 2-1/2-year-old who is eagerly anticipating her 3rd birthday this May! Boy, they grow up fast, don't they?!

Lucy belongs to a new friend of mine, Kris, who owns Pout Baby Boutique. Pout is a marvelous children's shop in Fargo that carries unique clothing, accessories and eco-friendly items for those special little nuggets in your life. Be sure to check out Pout's Web site and blog, too!

This precious peanut has a taste for life - literally! Her mum says Lucy will eat almost anything, including any kind of meat, fruit and vegetable (except for squash!). Plus, Kris has been known to find Lucy noshing on stickers, paper, even Band-Aid's ("Don't get me started on that one," her mummy says)!



Here's a great picture of Lucy at 3-weeks-old. The girl can rock a headband, can't she?!

Lucy is also known for her one-liner's - made all the more darling by her cute little lisp. Here's a quick sampling:  
"You’re my besth fwend momma"
“we’re printhethes (princesses)” 
“look at our beautiful home” 
“I lub you momma”  
“my shocks aren’t gonna hurt momma” (what she said to her mum on their way to Lucy's 2-year check up/shot appointment)



But I've saved the BEST story for last. Lucy is at that age where saying V's is difficult, so they come out more like B's. No big deal, right? Except for one specific word relating to being a girl.

Just before Lucy turned two, Kris realized her daughter didn't quite get the difference between certain parts of her anatomy. So Kris decided it was the right time to teach Lucy the real word - vagina.

Well... since Lucy can't say V's, when she said it, it came out more like - BAGINA! Kris says Lucy found the word fascinating and started saying it over and over. BAGINA, BAGINA, BAGINA!

"Although it seems to make Grandpa Dave a little uncomfortable, [Lucy] shouts it with pride every chance [she] gets and I have to admit, it makes me giggle almost every time," Kris says.

But wait, it gets better! 

One morning after Lucy got dressed, she glanced over at her mum and blurted out, "Momma, my bagina is HUNGRY!" Kris burst out laughing, which of course, made Lucy repeat it again and again and again.

What a kid! Lord only knows what she meant, but for us adults, it's a pretty hysterical line. And it will live on forever because Kris is keeping a blog just for Lucy. She writes in it just about everyday and of course, that story is one of her favorites!

Mine too.


9 comments:

  1. Oh...she is so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy you are hilarious! I love that we share the same birthday, you will always have a special place in my heart. Your momma deserves you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...thanks girly! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. she definetly loves to shout the word bagina whenever she gets a chance. Always a good laugh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you to pieces Lucy! And even more, KRIS you are amazing mommy! I have know Kris since forever ago...we grew up together and did the religion weekly stuff together. She is one awesome gal.
    Tricia: if you need a good laugh you should read some of my kids' quips that i blog about. In no way are my kids worth bragging about, so I just choose to write the horror stories that go along parenting!
    See you soon....maybe?
    Bonnie S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! So glad you got the time with your family. Oh my goodness, Lucy is a sweetheart. I nearly spit out my drink when I read this: "Momma, my bagina is HUNGRY!". LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is absolutely adorable! Wow those eyes! Stopping by from Aspiring Writers. Wish you a Happy New Year and that your quest is fulfilled!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is adorable! I do enjoy it when little kids talk. I actually have a post on it called Sixth Sense. Anwyay, I am following you from MBC Aspiring Writers. Visit if you get a chance!
    http://superheroesmom.com

    ReplyDelete